- You are here »
Vaser liposuction is a form ultrasonic assisted liposuction, introduced in 2002. A thin tube called a cannula is used to burst the walls of fat cells. This liquidises the fat, making it easier to suck out. The procedure takes less time than traditional liposuction and involves less blood, but comes with a slightly increased risk of pockets of fluid forming that may need draining with a needle.
Small incisions are made upon the area and a tumescent solution is applied that ‘blows up’ the target area. The fat still needs to be suctioned out, however, vaser lipo suction claims to cause less damage to surrounding areas. Some of the most common areas on which this treatment is applied include the abdomen, ankles, knees, and neck. The precision of vaser liposuction allows the targeting of hard to reach areas.
You’ll have to wear compression clothing following the treatment to form a new shape with your skin. A minimum of 12 hours rest is required and you will also have to avoid doing any intense or strenuous physical activity for up to three weeks. Provided that you don’t have a job that requires a lot of exertion you will be able to return to your regular life within a day. However, the results are immediate and improve as your body heals. This minimally invasive treatment takes at least an hour but is known for its low, tolerable pain levels, which require only a local anaesthetic.
The benefits of vaser are that less damage is caused to blood vessels, tissue and nerves. What this means is that there is a limit on the pain and bruising you will experience afterwards. Although some swelling is to be expected, most of it will subside within three weeks. There is also no need for a general anaesthetic as tumescent fluid is used as a local anaesthetic. The low pain levels associated with this treatment mean that vaser liposuction can be administered in an out-patient facility.
Vaser liposuction is a precise method. The cannula can target waves at specific areas, providing more control for the surgeon. Experienced vaser liposuction surgeons are a rarity, as the technique is still new in medical terms. The costs of learning the new technique and new equipment are a barrier to entry for those looking to transition from ultrasonic assisted liposuction, and other surgical forms.
There have not been any randomised blind studies that show vaser lipo is statistically superior to traditional liposuction. However, informal studies suggest that there are significant benefits. We are now in the third generation of ultrasound assisted liposuction devices. Earlier issues regarding tissue damage from exposure to ultrasound energy have been negated through the introduction of pulsed energy delivery and increasingly specialised probes that have expedited speed and safety of fat removal.
Vaser lipo is the next generation of liposuction.
- Five Celebs that have Undergone Liposuction
- What is Vaser Lipo?
- VASER Lipo Advantages Over Traditional Liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction For The Abdomen/Stomach
- Vaser Liposuction for Arms
- How to Tighten Skin After Vaser Liposuction
- Side Effects and After Effects of Vaser Liposuction
- Prepare Yourself for a Lipo Treatment
- Is Vaser Liposuction Permanent?
- What to Eat After Lipo
- VASER SHAPE MC1: Effective Solution Against Cellulite
- Back Fat and Vaser liposuction
- How Much Fat Removal Is Safe With Vaser Liposuction?
- Male Chest Reduction – Gynecomastia Vaser liposuction
- Post-pregnancy and Vaser liposuction: Getting your body back
- Scars After Vaser Liposuction: What to Expect
- Vaser Lipo: A Great Alternative for Fat Removal
- Vaser Liposuction and Breast Cancer, All You Need to Know
- What is the difference between Vaser Liposuction & the Other Methods of Liposuction
- VASER Lipo 360 Leg Contouring
- How to Choose a Vaser Lipo Surgeon?
- VASER: What It Does, How It Works, And How You’ll See Great Results
- How Much Does Vaser Liposuction Cost?
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction On Your Abs?
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction On Your Arms?
- Top 5 Myths about Liposuction
- What Areas Of My Body Can I Target With Liposuction?
- 5 Vaser Hotspots That You Never Considered
- Liposuction vs Gastric Bands
- Men and Liposuction – A Fact Sheet
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction on Your Face?
- Vaser Lipo for Six-Pack Abs
- Is VASER Lipo Safe?
- What You Need to Know about Liposuction
- Are You A Good Candidate For Vaser Liposuction?
- Which Type Of VASER Should I Choose?
- Vaser, Recovery And Compression Garment
- What Are The Benefits Of Having Liposuction
- Five More Celebrities You Never Knew Had Liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction: Anaesthesia challenges