- You are here »
Liposuction surgery will take away extra fat deposits from your body. However, there is a real chance of regaining all the lost fat and more if you don’t take care of your body by eating correctly after the surgery. So what should you eat after the liposuction surgery?
During the recovery phase it is likely that the doctor will suggest a high-protein diet that will help you stay strong. Without protein, your body will be unable to generate new cells. However, care must be taken to ensure you don’t exceed your recommended calorie range. Remember, you will not be able to work out for a while after Lipo.
The liposuction procedure is stressful on the body. You need to therefore make wise food choices if your muscles and skin are to heal properly during the recovery period.
Valuable liposuction recovery foods include protein shakes, rice, apple sauce, smoothies, yoghurt, oatmeal and softened vegetables.
A strategically balanced meal plan following your surgery is the best way to sustain surgery results. Knowing what foods you can or cannot eat during this particular period is important if you want to recover fully, and properly manage your weight into the future.
What Happens After The Healing Process?
At the end of the healing process, you can return to your normal diet. However, you need to monitor your calorie intake to avoid gaining weight. A well balanced meal plan that promotes adequate nutrient for your muscles and promotes a healthy heart is all you need. This varies for individuals so it may be a good idea to work with your doctor or a dietician to draft a sustainable meal plan.
Some patients make the mistake of going on extreme diets that eliminate specific food groups they ordinarily enjoy. This is a mistake that could prove costly in the long run. Patients need to remember that the focus of any healthy diet is not to limit food intake or cut tasty foods. Instead of embarking on drastic diet regimes, eating multiple smaller portions over the course of a day and avoiding processed food and fatty foods is a good way to maintain your weight and liposuction results. It is about self-discipline yes. But, it is also about sustainable living, and healthy balance.
Your diet after recovery should include the following: soy based foods, food supplements, healthy fats (flaxseed and olive oil), fresh and dried fruits, leafy green vegetables, whole grains (brown rice and oatmeal) and lean protein (white meat chicken, turkey, salmon and other fresh water fish).
Returning to poor eating habits that you may have developed before the liposuction surgery can lead to a weight gain cycle. If you notice you are going back to old habits, seek nutritional counselling as soon as you can.
Don’t forget that liposuction is surgery. The only way to get true value for the amount of your time, money and emotional investment is to take a healthy approach to your diet.
- Five Celebs that have Undergone Liposuction
- What is Vaser Lipo?
- VASER Lipo Advantages Over Traditional Liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction For The Abdomen/Stomach
- Vaser Liposuction for Arms
- How to Tighten Skin After Vaser Liposuction
- Side Effects and After Effects of Vaser Liposuction
- Prepare Yourself for a Lipo Treatment
- Is Vaser Liposuction Permanent?
- What to Eat After Lipo
- VASER SHAPE MC1: Effective Solution Against Cellulite
- Back Fat and Vaser liposuction
- How Much Fat Removal Is Safe With Vaser Liposuction?
- Male Chest Reduction – Gynecomastia Vaser liposuction
- Post-pregnancy and Vaser liposuction: Getting your body back
- Scars After Vaser Liposuction: What to Expect
- Vaser Lipo: A Great Alternative for Fat Removal
- Vaser Liposuction and Breast Cancer, All You Need to Know
- What is the difference between Vaser Liposuction & the Other Methods of Liposuction
- VASER Lipo 360 Leg Contouring
- How to Choose a Vaser Lipo Surgeon?
- VASER: What It Does, How It Works, And How You’ll See Great Results
- How Much Does Vaser Liposuction Cost?
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction On Your Abs?
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction On Your Arms?
- Top 5 Myths about Liposuction
- What Areas Of My Body Can I Target With Liposuction?
- 5 Vaser Hotspots That You Never Considered
- Liposuction vs Gastric Bands
- Men and Liposuction – A Fact Sheet
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction on Your Face?
- Vaser Lipo for Six-Pack Abs
- Is VASER Lipo Safe?
- What You Need to Know about Liposuction
- Are You A Good Candidate For Vaser Liposuction?
- Which Type Of VASER Should I Choose?
- Vaser, Recovery And Compression Garment
- What Are The Benefits Of Having Liposuction
- Five More Celebrities You Never Knew Had Liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction: Anaesthesia challenges