- You are here »
Vaser liposuction is a form ultrasonic assisted liposuction, introduced in 2002. A thin tube called a cannula is used to burst the walls of fat cells. This liquidises the fat, making it easier to suck out. The procedure takes less time than traditional liposuction and involves less blood, but comes with a slightly increased risk of pockets of fluid forming that may need draining with a needle.
Small incisions are made upon the area and a tumescent solution is applied that ‘blows up’ the target area. The fat still needs to be suctioned out, however, vaser lipo suction claims to cause less damage to surrounding areas. Some of the most common areas on which this treatment is applied include the abdomen, ankles, knees, and neck. The precision of vaser liposuction allows the targeting of hard to reach areas.
You’ll have to wear compression clothing following the treatment to form a new shape with your skin. A minimum of 12 hours rest is required and you will also have to avoid doing any intense or strenuous physical activity for up to three weeks. Provided that you don’t have a job that requires a lot of exertion you will be able to return to your regular life within a day. However, the results are immediate and improve as your body heals. This minimally invasive treatment takes at least an hour but is known for its low, tolerable pain levels, which require only a local anaesthetic.
The benefits of vaser are that less damage is caused to blood vessels, tissue and nerves. What this means is that there is a limit on the pain and bruising you will experience afterwards. Although some swelling is to be expected, most of it will subside within three weeks. There is also no need for a general anaesthetic as tumescent fluid is used as a local anaesthetic. The low pain levels associated with this treatment mean that vaser liposuction can be administered in an out-patient facility.
Vaser liposuction is a precise method. The cannula can target waves at specific areas, providing more control for the surgeon. Experienced vaser liposuction surgeons are a rarity, as the technique is still new in medical terms. The costs of learning the new technique and new equipment are a barrier to entry for those looking to transition from ultrasonic assisted liposuction, and other surgical forms.
There have not been any randomised blind studies that show vaser lipo is statistically superior to traditional liposuction. However, informal studies suggest that there are significant benefits. We are now in the third generation of ultrasound assisted liposuction devices. Earlier issues regarding tissue damage from exposure to ultrasound energy have been negated through the introduction of pulsed energy delivery and increasingly specialised probes that have expedited speed and safety of fat removal.
Vaser lipo is the next generation of liposuction.
- VASER SHAPE MC1: Effective Solution Against Cellulite
- Is Vaser Liposuction Permanent?
- Prepare Yourself for a Lipo Treatment
- Side Effects and After Effects of Vaser Liposuction
- How to Tighten Skin After Vaser Liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction for Arms
- Vaser Liposuction For The Abdomen/Stomach
- VASER Lipo Advantages Over Traditional Liposuction
- What is Vaser Lipo?
- What to Eat After Lipo
- VASER Lipo 360 Leg Contouring
- What is the difference between Vaser Liposuction & the Other Methods of Liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction and Breast Cancer, All You Need to Know
- Vaser Lipo: A Great Alternative for Fat Removal
- Scars After Vaser Liposuction: What to Expect
- Post-pregnancy and Vaser liposuction: Getting your body back
- Male Chest Reduction – Gynecomastia Vaser liposuction
- How Much Fat Removal Is Safe With Vaser Liposuction?
- Back Fat and Vaser liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction: Anaesthesia challenges
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction on Your Face?
- Liposuction vs Gastric Bands
- 5 Vaser Hotspots That You Never Considered
- What Areas Of My Body Can I Target With Liposuction?
- Top 5 Myths about Liposuction
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction On Your Arms?
- Why Should You Get Vaser Liposuction On Your Abs?
- How Much Does Vaser Liposuction Cost?
- VASER: What It Does, How It Works, And How You’ll See Great Results
- Men and Liposuction – A Fact Sheet
- Five Celebs that have Undergone Liposuction
- Five More Celebrities You Never Knew Had Liposuction
- What Are The Benefits Of Having Liposuction
- Vaser, Recovery And Compression Garment
- Which Type Of VASER Should I Choose?
- Are You A Good Candidate For Vaser Liposuction?
- What You Need to Know about Liposuction
- Is VASER Lipo Safe?
- Vaser Lipo for Six-Pack Abs
- How to Choose a Vaser Lipo Surgeon?